Illinois Ministries

Visit the Illinois Ministries Website at:

http://www.ilcog.org/






Thursday, May 10, 2018

Don't Quit

Here's a public confession and a flaw in my life: Sometimes I feel like quitting!

Today, I read this scripture from Hebrews 11:24-27.
By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the sons of Pharaoh's daughter.  He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin.  He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.  By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king's anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.

Dear Lord, in my centering time with You, you have spoken to my heart this morning. May I persevere because my focus is on 'Him who is invisible'. I choose Christ today, above all.  I regard anything that brings discouragement or defeat to have no power compared to the power of knowing you, Jesus.  Help me to discern your hand at work both today and the days that follow.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment