Illinois Ministries

Visit the Illinois Ministries Website at:

http://www.ilcog.org/






Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Prayer of Invocation

Recently I sat down with Pastor Tim Lusitana for lunch and he was sharing with me how thrilling it was to be asked to give the Prayer of Invocation at the Capital Building in Springfield as our Representative opened their session.  As he spoke about the beauty of the Springfield's Capital building and the hospitality that others showed him, I could tell that this was truly an event that he would never forget.

After he prayed, a few comments were made like, "that was amazing", "great prayer", "you nailed it".  I asked him for a copy of the prayer so I could post it on the blog.  I have given several "community" event prayers and sometimes struggle with what exactly to say.  As Tim shared with me his prayer I thought - he did nail it!  Notice how he celebrates, honors, and respects and stays totally away from any issues.


As we come to pray today. May today’s session start with meditation and reverence to clear our hearts and minds to be productive for the State of Illinois. My heart is full of thanksgiving for all of the State Representatives. For their service and love for the State of Illinois and the particular areas they represent.
I pray a blessing on their families. May they find time to grow closer with their spouses even in the midst of a hectic schedule. I pray a blessing on their children. Many here have sons, daughters, grandsons and granddaughters. I ask for protection and prosperity for all of their young ones. Not only have our Representatives sacrificed but their families have also. I just want to honor that here today.
 As leaders may we not be driven by ego but may we be driven by servant hood. Help us all to resist the temptations of giving into selfishness and injustice. May we all wear a banner of team work, forgiveness, inclusion, charity, and love. May we treat today as our last day so it will be the best day for this House of Representatives. In the name of Jesus Amen.
 
 


1 comment: